Sunday, July 22, 2007



Some pictures from the Bad Art Party. It was fun to watch the kids do their own thing and just make whatever they wanted. I think they had fun. Weird how all the girls made jewelry and clothing. Oh, and frog houses...

Sam and I went to the Harry Potter party at the local Barnes & Noble. I'm still amazed to think that all those people were there (and stores like it all over the world) for a BOOK. Is that not stunning in this day and age?

Some interesting people there. Some people (as in adults without kids who dress up as wizards...) are just WAY too into Harry Potter. I did see at least one great t-shirt, though. It said: "Spoiler Alert: Hermione's a Dude!"

Sam's not letting me touch his copy, though, for some reason. I've read all of the other ones to him (mostly - he would read some parts on his own, too). So I'm going to have to wait a long time to be able to read it. So don't tell me anything!

Yeah, wish me luck with that...

Tonight I watched Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus. It was weird, of course. But interesting. I think they were trying to imagine how she found her inspiration and why she was so attracted to what most of society thinks is freakish. She seemed to find beauty in it.

I'm helping out with the member's show for VAST (the local artist's group) this week.

I'm going to start on the last of the Shopaholic books. Total chick lit fluff but I'm completely hooked.

I also need to get some more boards to paint on. I've got an idea for a new series and want to get started on it.

No comments: