Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hope wins!

Luckily something like this didn't happen (well, maybe in Ohio...):



Edward Winkleman has a really great post about the election and acceptance speech. This is my favorite part, though:
For anyone out there still unfamiliar with the term, I should explain what a "community organizer" is I suppose. It's a bit tough, actually, as the term is used more as a description of a belief system than any concrete sets of tasks or responsibilities, but I guess a community organizer is kind of like a small town mayor, except that a community organizer can actually change the world.
Things I won't have to do:
  • Say I'm Canadian when I travel.
  • Scrape off my bumper sticker in shame this time.
  • Cringe every time our president speaks.
Thanks I can do:
  • Be optimistic.
  • Be hopeful.
  • Be confident.
Yes we can!

No comments: