Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cathy at the show in Temple... the show was actually titled "Hideaway..." not sure what happened there.

Cathy and I braved the weather and raced down to Temple for the reception for my show (We had to stop in West for some kolaches on the way, though). We had planned to go to Austin after the reception and spend the night with some of her friends there. Mother Nature had other ideas, though.

We started to get rain and it was also getting cold last night, but it didn't look like the ice was going to hit until later this afternoon, so we decided to just go to the reception and then head back after.

The reception was really nice. My show was one of four going on and I thought they were all good. The facility there is pretty big, with several gallery spaces and even an auditorium for performances. I'll post images of the other artwork soon...

They had a nice spread with champagne punch. They even had a piano player/singer.

I gave a gallery talk, which was a little nerve-wracking but fun in the end. Everybody seemed genuinely interested.

One woman introduced herself and said she was on the board of regents at TWU.

I talked to two of the other exhibiting artists and one is really good friends with an artist in Denton that I know and the other had taken some classes at TWU. Weird.

Anyway, it was a really good experience and I'm glad that I went.

I'm hoping that we don't get too much ice. I have Monday off anyway, so there's just no need for it, in my opinion. If it were to hit on Tuesday, that would be a different story.

Now I'm going to go bundle up and watch Little Miss Sunshine...
update: it was hilarious. Two thumbs up.

Check out this funny video series.

And I totally can't wait for the next 007!

No comments: