Monday, January 29, 2007

I think the interview went well. Thanks for all the mojo dancing or candle lighting or whatever you did to help! They said they would make a decision this week, so hopefully I'll hear soon.

The workshops went well this weekend and I was successful shopping - found a suit and some shoes. Even found an extra skirt and some extra shoes, just in case...

I watched The Illusionist this weekend. I enjoyed it. I think someone had mentioned to me that it had a twist at the end, so maybe I was expecting it and it wasn't such a surprise. But I thought it was well done.

Sam and I watched ET last night. He hadn't seen it. It's been a long time since I had seen it. I'd forgotten how adorably cute Drew Barrymore was (and how much she still looks the same). I'd also forgotten how scary that one part is, when the government guys surround the house. I love how, except for the mom, you don't see any of the adult's faces until the end. And I cried, of course. Sam laughed at me, as usual.

Oh, but he cried when we watched The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill a couple of weeks ago. There's one part where the guy that takes care of the parrots is moving and he takes his pet birds to a bird shelter and he has to say goodbye to them. Sam cried and cried. I'm not sure why it upset him so much. It's a really good movie - a documentary about a flock of wild parrots that live in San Francisco and the guy who takes care of them. The birds are most likely originally wild, brought to the US as pets, and then escape or are set free. Apparently there are similar flocks in many cities, including Dallas.

In my workshop on Saturday, my friend Trayc and I decided to collaborate on some encaustic work for a joint show. We brainstormed and decided on the theme Waxy Buildup: Cleaning House. And all that that entails. We started a blog to document the process. Stop by and check it out from time to time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you really think they will make the decision this week? I hope so, for your sake. I'm keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you.