Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Good, lakey fun.

We had a lot of fun swimming, eating, and lounging around. We went out on the boat, watched Savannah waterski again (this time for about 4 seconds), tried not to get hit with the neighbors' fireworks, and tried not to get sunburned.

Jenna tried the jet ski and really liked it.

Sam, Jenna, and Hannah.

Sam and I have been hanging out for the last couple of days, trying not to drive each other crazy. I took him to the indoor pool yesterday and he had fun swimming and going down the slide. I decided I'd had enough swimming and just watched him this time.

We saw the new Superman movie. We both enjoyed it. Sam liked it but was scared in a few places. The new Superman is quite a handsome young man, so it wasn't hard to look at him for a couple of hours.

Last night we saw Nacho Libre. I went into it with really low expectations but was still disappointed. I hardly laughed at all. I was embarrassed for Jack Black, who I really like. I thought he was great in School of Rock and High Fidelity. He did some of that same kind of schtick, but it seemed out of place in this movie. All of the funny parts were in the trailer...

The new Will Ferrell movie looks pretty good. Kind of silly but in a funny way.

There was also a preview for How to Eat Fried Worms. I think I read that book when I was little, but don't remember any specifics. It looks really gross and icky - the perfect boy movie.

Sam's bugging me to go buy some noisy popper thingies (those little things that you throw on the ground and they go bang). I felt bad that I didn't let him do fireworks at the lake, so I might get him a few of those. They're mostly harmless.

Oh, I forgot to mention - thanks to Trish, I signed my cat up for Catster. It's kind of like Friendster for cats. It's just one more step on the road to being the Crazy Cat Lady.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Omg! I am so registering my cats on that site! I gave Choclate a "treat", by the way. :)