Sunday, October 15, 2006

Watching the stingrays and turtles...

We're getting some nice rain here today. The kind where you just want to lay in bed and listen to it.

Sam and I watched The Karate Kid on Friday night. He'd never seen it. Everytime he went to his karate class I'd say something about wax-on/wax-off and he never knew what I was talking about. He liked it. I don't know if I'd ever seen the whole thing.

So while Sam was at karate class on Saturday, I went to my studio. He hung out at his dad's for a while after class, too, so I could get some stuff done. I have four paintings in progress right now. I might have finished one. I'm not sure yet.

We hung out at my mom's for a while last night. Ketty came over with some chili verde that she'd made. It was really yummy. Kind of like a pork soup. She gave me the recipe so I might try it. I'll probably use chicken, though. Or just veggies, even. I love to make soup in the winter...

Last night I watched I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, a documentary about Wilco. It was interesting to see the creative process of making an album and then dealing with all the corporate/record company crap to get it out. Jeff Tweedy has a great voice.

So today we're going to watch the rain, clean the house, and maybe I'll attempt to get to the studio for a while.

Here's an interesting video that shows how they make up and then further enhance a model for a billboard photo. It's all fake! Imagine that...

1 comment:

Jenna said...

When you figure out how to make the veggie chili verde, will you pass the recipe along to me?