Monday, September 04, 2006

Favorite songs meme - from Colleen


1. Beatles: Blackbird

2. Rolling Stones: Miss You
3. Doors: not so much

4. Bob Dylan: not a fan (I like it when OTHER people sing his songs... I know. He's a legend. Whatever.)
5. Led Zeppelin: Kashmir
6. TV Theme: I Dream of Jeannie

7. Prince: 1999

8. Madonna: tie - Lucky Star and Borderline

9. Michael Jackson: Billie Jean

10. Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody

11. 'N Sync: seriously?

12. Al Green: Take Me to the River

13. Notorious BIG: not familiar

14. Song from a Cartoon: eep op ork ah ah by Judy Jetson

15. Bruce Springsteen: Thunder Road

16. Magnetic Fields: Take Ecstasy With Me (I've heard them but don't have any of their stuff so I looked online and that was the first song title that made me laugh)
17. Cure: Pictures of You

18. Song that most of your friends haven't heard: Where Does the Good Go by Tegan and Sara

19. Smiths: How Soon is Now
20. Beastie Boys: ick!

21. Clash: Train in Vain
22. Police: Tea in the Sahara

23. Elvis: Heartbreak Hotel

24. Beach Boys: Wouldn't It Be Nice

25. Cyndi Lauper: not a fan

26. Song from a movie: The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice from Closer

27. Death Cab for Cutie: Transatlantacism

28. Jeff Buckley: other than Hallelujah, I'm not familiar...

29. Johnny Cash: Ring of Fire

30. Song from an 80's one hit wonder: Melt With You

31. Tori Amos: Crucify

32. Kinks: You Really Got Me

33. Genesis: don't like
34. Barenaked Ladies: If I Had a $1000000

35. INXS: Don’t Change

36. Weird Al: Like a Surgeon - no - I Lost on Jeopardy - no - My Bologna...

37. Peter Gabriel: Shaking the Tree

38. John Lennon: Instant Karma

39. Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here (we're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fishbowl...)
40. Cover song: Sweet Jane by the Cowboy Junkies (originally by Lou Reed)
41. White Stripes: Seven Nation Army
42. Dance song: Rock Lobster by the B-52s

43. U2: One

44. Song from an actor turned musician: anything by William Shatner!

45. Disco: You Should be Dancing by the Bee Gees
46. Power Ballad: Bringin' on the Heartbreak by Def Leppard

47. Guns N' Roses: Welcome to the Jungle
48. The Who: Baba O’Reilly

49. Elton John: Tiny Dancer
50. Favorite song, period: Everyday I Write the Book by Elvis Costello

51. Sting: We'll Be Together

52. Billy Joel: Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

53. Burt Bacharach: What's New Pussycat (my cat likes it... I'm a dork)

54. First popular song you have a memory of hearing on the radio: American Pie by Don MacLean
55. Eagles: Desperado
56. Road Trip: Life in the Fast Lane by the Eagles

57. Grateful Dead: not a fan

58. Song that takes you back to grade school: Heart of Glass by Blondie (the skating rink)

59. Song that takes you back to middle school/junior high: Lights by Journey

60. Song that takes you back to high school: Missing You by John Waite

61. Song that takes you back to college: What I Am by New Bohemians

62. Favorite love song: At Last by Etta James

63. Favorite stress reliever song: Stardust by Nat King Cole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All good ones. So, after all the roadtrip songs you've gone on in your life there isn't one song that get's you rolling down the road?

Sultans of Swing is another good road trip song for me...

Deanna said...

Oh, I'm a dork. I thought that was the name of a band. :-)