Sunday, August 20, 2006

Another photo of Sam watching the rays at the aquarium. There's one speeding by on the bottom left...

I dragged Sam all over the place this weekend. Friday night I took him with me to my book discussion group. He didn't make it the whole time, but he did pretty good. He read and played his gameboy while we talked.

The discussion was good. Luckily Karen was there. She's really great at literary criticism and she was able to point out all the symbolism in the book.

On Saturday morning, I took Sam with me to the Weight Watchers meeting. Amy was joining (even though she doesn't need to) and I wanted to join partly to support her and partly because I need to do something with my fat self. I did WW about 5 1/2 years ago while I was going through my divorce (I know - how cliche!). I had lost a little before I joined and I lost 13 pounds in 13 weeks on WW. Then I lost more after - probably around 40 pounds total. I went from a size 18 to an 8.

Then I don't know what happened - especially last year when I was unemployed and looking for a job, I guess I was just depressed and unmotivated. I go through phases where I'll eat really healthy for a couple of weeks and then I'll get bored with that and start eating junk food again. So I need to have some motivation and accountability to help me. I'm not back to where I was before, but I'm well on my way. Time to do something about it.

I also want to try to find healthier things for both Sam and I to eat. I was too lenient for too long and he's turned into a junk food junkie. It's really bad.

After the meeting on Saturday, Dennis picked Sam up for his karate class. He had fun.

While he was in class, I got my hair cut. I went to a place that uses Aveda products. It was expensive, but everything smells so good there! I even bought some shampoo so I can continue to smell good.

Then I picked Sam up and we went to visit my friend Tracey and her new baby, Mary. They were all doing good and the baby is very sweet!

After dinner we went to the mall to walk around. It's still too freakin' hot to do anything outside, even in the evenings. The Denton mall is really sad. They try so hard to be a good mall, but there's still too many lame stores. Hopefully they'll get some better ones soon.

Sam was complaining of a runny nose and sore throat today. He also had a fever. So we hung out at home most of the day. He was getting stir crazy, so we went to the library and the grocery store. He seems to be feeling better now, though. Hopefully he won't have to miss school during the second week!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

You go girl!! You can definitely do it with Weight Watchers. I'll have to loan you my well-loved Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient 15 Minute cookbook.

Deanna said...

I already made a lot of copies from that book. I even made the steamed squash recipe from that book last night! I've also been printing off recipes from their site while I have my 2-week free online thingie...