Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stepping stones...

Sorry, no embarrassing 80s photos today. There are plenty more, believe me, but I think they'll stay in the box for a while.

I took this quiz to find out my ecological footprint. Quite depressing, really. It said if everybody lived like me, we'd need 4.4 more planets. And I was below average...

I also found this blog about sustainable style. I'm interested in the concepts of using what you have, reusing or remaking out-of-date or out-of-style things into something new. Kind of the whole ReadyMade magazine idea. I wish I had paid more attention to the sewing lessons my mom gave me. I wanted to be able to sew but really didn't enjoy actually doing it. And the things that I made were really ugly, so that didn't help. But I love the idea of going to the thrift store and buying a couple of pieces and remaking them into something new and fun. I know that if I had stuck with it, I would have gotten better, but you don't think about those kinds of things when you're 12.

So I need to get a new outfit for the reception next week. Well, I don't really NEED one, but it's a great excuse to buy something, so I'm going with it. So I'm going to try the thrift store first. I won't be remaking anything, just shopping. We'll see what happens.

No comments: