Thursday, April 13, 2006


This little guy was in my back yard this evening. I think he was lost or hurt. Luckily the cat wasn't interested...

I titled the blog Seeking Shelter because that's the name of the solo show I'm having in Oklahoma City next month. It was also the name of my MFA thesis show. I often think about we humans and how we deny, ignore, or try to outwit Mother Nature. With tornado season starting soon, there have been lots of tornado shows on TV recently. It's scary and also pretty amazing to watch the videos of tornadoes - to see the force of the wind tearing a house apart, blowing cars and trucks around like they're nothing.

Hurricane season tends to make me think about it, too. How we build houses on the beach, a hurricane comes and washes it away, and then we do it all over again.

Anyway, Seeking Shelter is all about the need for order, organization, calm... Hopefully we can each find some, somewhere.

No comments: