Wednesday, June 28, 2006


Happy Birthday, John! Cusack... He's exactly six months older than me. Apparently he had to file a restraining order against a stalker. It's not me, I swear. I limit my stalking to online methods...

I cooked some salmon last night. I know. I cooked. Weird. And I'm excited that I think we solved the mystery of the "terracotta sauce," that I think I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Sam told me that his dad made some salmon that had terracotta sauce on it. So I was making the marinade last night (thanks to Jenna's recipe), which has brown sugar, honey, garlic, and soy sauce in it. Sam initially thought it was yucky and declared that he wouldn't eat it, but then he said, "Hey, is this terry-cotty sauce?" I realized that he was trying to say teriyaki. So I said, "Yes! This is definitely teriyaki sauce." And he ate it and liked it. Schwew.

I also made some sauteed spinach. I'd never made it before. I think I used too much oil. It was kind of greasy. Need to work on that.

I forced Sam to eat some corn. I knew he wouldn't touch the spinach. Corn was safer.

Then we went for a walk around the neighborhood. After we started out, Sam said he didn't want to walk, but I kept going. He followed behind me, stomping and harumphing the whole way. Sometimes he's so sweet and other times I'd just like to sell him to gypsies.

OK, something else that I hate: pickles. But not as much as this poor girl.

2 comments:

Elle Charlie said...

Wow. I feel like there must be some phallic stuff going on there - I mean, otherwise, what's so scary about a pickle? And does the fear extend to cucumbers?

Deanna said...

I wondered about the cucumber thing, too. I also wonder about Maury's sanity - "This girl's terrified of pickles. I know! Let's get trays of pickles and chase her around with them. That'll snap her out of it!"