Thursday, June 08, 2006


They marry young in these parts
They work the factory
I ran as fast as I could
Through the tall grass and the midnight woods
So nobody would sing some bible song over me
Lori McKenna - Bible Song

Blogger was being a bit touchy yesterday and I wasn't able to upload the correct size of the images (and the one of mini Houston - above - didn't upload at all...). I tried to replace them today but they wouldn't show up. They would appear to upload correctly but for some reason just wouldn't be there. Very frustrating! So hopefully Blogger will cooperate with me today...

I picked up Sam last night. When we were walking to the car he said, "Finally! I finally get to spend the night." But he would never admit that he missed me. Stinker.

I asked him what he wanted to do for dinner - go somewhere or go home and order pizza. I figured he'd want to order pizza since he'd been out in the sun all day and was worn out. He immediately began telling me about some really good salmon that Kroger has. He said, "It has terracotta on it." That does sound good! Later I realized that he might have meant terragon? I don't know.

I told him that there would be no cooking (besides, I have some non-terracotta salmon in the freezer already). So we got pizza.

Hmmm... I'm wondering if the network at work is the problem and not Blogger. Maybe they're blocking Blogger. Maybe they're onto me.

OK, maybe not. It's being freaky here at home, too...

Check out this test:
Spot the Fake Smile. See if you can figure out which smiles are genuine and which are fake. I got 17 out of 20! This link came from Web Pages That Suck. (It wasn't an example of sucky, though, it was an example of non-sucky.)

Some great links (from memepool and Boing Boing, I think) that show the power of the internet:

To create instant (if fleeting) celebrity.
The Monkey Chow Diaries. This guy is maybe a little crazy but very funny. He decided to eat only monkey chow for a week. TMI alert.

To do good.
The Nata Village Blog. This one came from Rocket Boom. A tourist was passing through this small African village and was touched by the people he met there. He wanted to do something to help raise awareness of their fight against the spread of HIV/AIDS.

To humiliate someone.
A cheap-ass lawyer wasn't nice to his secretary and she got her revenge. Big time.

No comments: