Sunday, June 11, 2006

pull - in progress Where do you go with your broken heart in tow?
What do you do with the left over you?
And how do you know, when to let go?
Where does the good go? Where does the good go?
Tegan and Sara - Where Does the Good Go?

I helped Cathy sort through her garage sale stuff on Friday night. Drank a little wine in the process, too, so it wasn't so bad. I ended up bringing home a big bag full of stuff. It barely fit in the back of my car, which was full of encyclopedias that someone else had given me. Do I have the word "sucker" written on my forehead?

Nobody showed up for my workshop yesterday. That's OK. I started on a painting (above - in progress) and then did some stuff at home. And took a nap. Then headed over to Cathy's again for dinner. She made some chicken and veggies on the grill. Scrummy! I brought stuff for experimental strawberry shortcake. The experimental part was the chocolate. One idea was chocolate chips and the other was Hershey's dark chocolate sauce. It was hard to pick the best one.

When I got home I watched Almost Famous. I really liked it. I had Tiny Dancer in my head all night (now that song will remind me of Almost Famous AND that episode of WKRP in Cincinnati)... I loved the part where they were in the plane and everybody thought they were going to die and started confessing things. And I also liked the part where their new manager was telling them that they needed to basically make as much money as they could while they were young, "If you think that Mick Jagger will still be doing the whole rock star thing at age fifty, well, then, you are sorely, sorely mistaken."

Well, today is house cleaning day. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you not have seen Almost Famous until now? That just doesn't make any sense. I need to keep closer tabs on you now that you have invented this blogging thing.

Deanna said...

Well, actually, Al Gore invented the blogging thing... It's not like I didn't *want* to see Almost Famous. I just had other things to do first, apparently.