Monday, June 12, 2006

boundary
Roll down the window
And let the wind blow back your hair
Well the night's busting open
These two lanes will take us anywhere
We got one last chance to make it real
To trade in these wings on some wheels...
Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road

Marlys came over yesterday and I took a break from my cleaning to scan in some slides for her.

Sam came home last night. He said he had fun at scout camp last week. He's going to chemistry camp at UNT this week. I talked to him earlier and he said they made blue slime today. Cool.

Well, as if I didn't do enough blogging, I created another blog. Yesterday while I was in the shower (where, like Kramer, I do my best thinking), I was thinking about all my friends who are writers. I've never really wanted to write. I told that to someone recently and she was surprised. I guess she thought that everybody wanted to write. Anyway, I think that you have to have something to say or have some sort of story inside that you just have to get out. I've never had that.

That said, I would like to write about art in some way. I've been thinking for a while that I'd like to write about the process of starting an art career. I thought maybe that I could write for Art Calendar or some type of "business of art" type publication. So then it hit me yesterday that I could start an "emerging artist" blog that would document what I'm going through and maybe I could meet some other people doing the same thing and we could share ideas.

So maybe it could lead to articles in the future. We'll see...

No comments: