Friday, June 09, 2006


Read the scene where gravity is pulling me around
Peel back the mountains peel back the sky
Stomp gravity into the floor
It's a Man Ray kind of sky
Let me show you what I can do with it
Time and distance are out of place here
REM - Feeling Gravity's Pull

Went to the studio after yoga last night and I'm happy to report that I did not get attacked by any birds this time.

Found a couple of artists who do nice work. Gina Triplett and Michelle Caplan. Great stuff.

I'm supposed to be teaching a workshop tomorrow but everybody keeps dropping out on me. It's down to 2 people now and I haven't heard from them so I'm not even sure if they'll show up. Oh well. I can do some work while I'm there if they don't show.

It's funny that Teresa mentioned synchronicity in an email today - Jenna sent me an email with a link to a recipe from the Take Home Chef show (the person he cooked for happened to be named Deanna). When I got to the gym to work out, guess what was on TV? Weird.

BTW, I would let him come over and cook for me any time. Or just sit on my couch...

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention - a huge wtf moment - the other night on Leno, I happened to catch David Lee Roth singing a bluegrass version of Jump. It was so bizarre. Now, I can definitely appreciate weird combinations of things - like bluegrass and Van Halen - but for him to sing with the bluegrass people was too much. And he looked like such a dork. Anyway, he was on Craig Ferguson last night doing it again...

I just want to remember him chained to the fence:


I caught my mom a few times sneaking into my room to look at that poster...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David Lee Roth --- I know! WTF majorly! I saw him on something Larry Kinglike and everytime he was done talking he'd get this huge fake ass shit eating grin on his face. It was really scary.

Anonymous said...

the poster that sent many an '80s girl hurtling through puberty. I can see the fold marks from where it was stored in the old LP