Wednesday, May 24, 2006


Chapter One: We didn't really get a long
Chapter Two: I think I fell in love with you
You said you'd stand by me in the middle of chapter 3
But you were up to your own tricks in chapters 4, 5, and 6
Elvis Costello - Every Day I Write the Book

The photo above is of reflections of lights in the river at Bricktown in OKC. Trish sent it to me. I don't know if it's one that I took or that she took.

Here's a picture of Karyn, Trish, me and Clint at dinner:


I sent a bunch of paintings off to a gallery in Provincetown, Massachusetts yesterday. It's at the very tip of Cape Cod. They're only open for the summer during the tourist season. It sounds like a really great place to visit in the summer. It's an artist's colonly and it sounds really progressive and liberal.

I was contacted by a gallery in Nashville the other day. I had sent them my brochure and they asked for some more information. Cool. This just means that I need to get to work!

Cool links:
Utopian Endings for Reality Shows. Greatness.

I find a lot of cool things on Boing Boing.

This is one and it is freaky cool.

I can't remember if I posted this already. It's a great place to go if you need information or personal advice.

I haven't explored this one too much, but it looks interesting. Learning to Love You More. Created by Miranda July, who wrote and directed the quirky Me and You and Everyone We Know. I really liked her character in that movie.

It's interesting to read all these websites and blogs that have assignments - Sunday Scribblings, Studio Friday, Illustration Friday, Whipup, etc. Like me, I guess a lot of people need some sort of deadline or structure in order to complete (heck, sometimes to even start!) projects.

Oh, I wanted to add to what Colleen said about Lyle Lovett. I agree with what she said and I think that there's just something about his voice - a crack or catch in it that gets me. It's somehow both sad and sexy at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure who took that photo either. Let's just credit it to Trianna.