Wednesday, May 10, 2006



The new mower...

I finally broke down and bought a lawnmower yesterday. I didn't want to buy a big honkin' gas-powered mower, especially since I have a miniscule yard, so I got a nice little reel mower at Ace Hardware. Sam was very excited about it. I hardly got to use it at all (I was planning on it being my exercise).

It works OK unless there's a twig anywhere within a 3 mile radius. It doesn't take much to jam it. Oh well, it's not like we have to mow an acre or anything. In a couple of months the grass will be dead, anyway. I'm not much for watering (or even going outside) in July or August.

Oh, and I'm planning on buying lots more at Ace Hardware to protest Home Depot's abandoning my side of town. They're moving over to the hell side of town (near Wal Mart and horrible traffic). So now if I need lumber, I have to brave the crowds and traffic. I liked Lowe's better to begin with (better customer service), but HD was so damn close. Ace has great service (they trip over themselves to help as you come in the door), and they also have a kitty named Sam. If only they had lumber and a bigger selection...

The find of the day (so far): NNDB - the Notable Names Database. Lots of info on famous people.

A couple of oldies but goodies that I dug up yesterday: Human Clock, Despair Inc, and Sorry Everybody. We're still sorry.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a mower like that in California. Biggest pain in the ass...