Thursday, May 18, 2006

Yet another installation shot... I need to get out there and take some pictures.

I guess Sam is fine today. He spent the night at his dad's last night and apparently he was fine this morning. The doctor yesterday said he might just have a virus or something. Who knows...

I finally started reading Bee Season for my book discussion group. The meeting is tomorrow night. I don't think I'll be done, but I read the book a couple of years ago, so I'll be able to talk about it, at least. I really like it. It's really well written.

I watched Spellbound last weekend (the spelling bee one, not the Hitchcock one). I really enjoyed it. I was expecting to hate some of the parents but none of them seemed overly pushy or "stage-motherish." The more affluent families went a little overboard with tutors and coaches and the kids seem to be fairly over-scheduled, but they also seemed relatively happy and well-adjusted.

I fell in love with a couple of the kids and want to know what happened to them.

Anyway, I'm obviously on a spelling bee kick. I've been reminded of my very short spelling bee career - I won the school spelling bee in 6th grade. I went on to the district bee where I promptly lost. It didn't occur to me to study or anything... To add to my humiliation, when I got home, I told my smart ass little brother the word that I had missed and he immediately spelled it correctly. I still haven't forgiven him for that.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I won the 6th grade spelling bee, too!! Did I tell you that already?