Tuesday, May 16, 2006

More fishies...

I just heard from the person at the community college in Reno where I'm supposed to have a show later this year. Shwew. I was worried that it wouldn't work out (like the show in Iowa), but it's going to be December 1st, 2006 through January 30th, 2007. There will be a reception on December 5th. So start saving your pennies!

Now I have to figure out what to do about the show I set up in Irving. It's scheduled for January 26 - April 27. And the one in Manhattan, Kansas is scheduled for April 14 - May 26. Oops. I might forfeit it and recommend another artist friend or maybe I'll do something completely different - a new body of work.

I don't even know what the space looks like or really anything about it. It's a gallery at the Irving community television station. I suspect that it's pretty small. Irving has a lot of art stuff going on, so I thought it would be potentially fun. I had originally submitted a proposal for a group show of artist's books but they didn't have pedestals, so I submitted my work instead.

Fun web stuff:
Cockeyed.com had a link to a site where a guy named Keith writes about all the jobs he's had. It's pretty funny.

Trish sent me some scary videos - one was an educational video on menstruation and one was Mr. T, singing. Not sure which was worse...

No comments: